Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A Rude, Crude Shelf Blank


Sometimes it's pleasant to refrain from doing careful, tight tolerance work and turn one's attention to something a little less demanding, e.g. a simple shelf blank glued up from salvaged Ikea bed slats. Here's a view of the biscuit-joined creation I've just glued together and clamped up.


It's been in the clamps long enough; let's liberate it and see what we've got.

- - -

It's not great, but it will do.


Now I just have to rip it to final width and cross-cut it to length, and I can install it in the tool cart that it's meant for.

- - -

And I think I can call that a success.


It sits flat on its clips, and it's plenty sturdy enough for anything I might load it with.

I may make some more of those. I haven't run out of bed slats yet.

# # #


# # #








No comments:

Post a Comment