Friday, June 28, 2019

Coupling Nuts Discontinued At Princess Auto


I've written before on the subject of coupling nuts. The things are useful -- useful in many ways.

On a recent visit to Princess Auto, I'd intended to stock up on 1/4"-20 coupling nuts -- the size that I use most often. They were out of them. It seems that they were clearing them out and no longer carrying them. 'Shocked and appalled' about covers it. Someone at Princess Auto needs to visit a clue store.

I emailed Princes Auto with this:

"Re Coupling Nuts; e.g. https://www.princessauto.com/en/search?Dy=1&Nty=1&Ntt=coupling+nuts

The McCowan Road store appears to have ceased stocking them. What gives? The things are useful."

Princess Auto replied:

"Those items are on clearance so we will not be receiving any more of them. I am unsure why they are being discontinued, but this is why they no longer stock them at the Scarborough store."

I responded with:

"For a hardware dealer to discontinue carrying coupling nuts is lunacy. As I said, the things are useful. Please reconsider and resume stocking coupling nuts. I can't be the only one with the same opinion."

Princess Auto replied:

"I can forward you [sic] feedback along to the correct team, thank you for your continued interest in Princess Auto."

I followed up with an extract from one of my blog posts, hoping to illustrate the usefulness of coupling nuts. I've received nothing further back from Princess Auto.

Princess Auto likes to make much of its support for and engagement with makers and maintainers of mechanical gear -- all well and good. But Princess Auto is a business after all; run by business people. In my experience, business people have little interest in or knowledge of what it is that actually underpins their businesses. They know to sell stuff for more than they bought it for, and that's about the extent of what they know.

# # #


# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment